[arch-haskell] Broken dependencies for happstack, how can I help again?

Fabio Riga rifabio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 18:47:08 CEST 2011

Hi Magnus,

Can you tell me what exactly do addbasepkg? What's the difference with
'add'?

As for the diff file, don't you use anymore the git repository? I generated
this patch using git, I hope this is ok. Using github would be easier for me
to stay synced.

Anyway, the cblrepo procedure seems very clean and easy. Great job!

Cheers,
Fabio

Il giorno 20/ott/2011 07:59, "Magnus Therning" <magnus at therning.org> ha
scritto:

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 07:30:36PM +0200, Fabio Riga wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> some time ago I ...
It's safer to require a specific version since GHC underneath will
code in a dependency on a hash of the version of hslogger used. The
end result without strict dependencies would be that pacman allows
an upgrade that GHC would reject at runtime, i.e. you end up with a
broken system.

> I also would like to help adding some more package, but I still
> don't know how to do this with ...
After installing cblrepo you would do the following to upgrade
hslogger:

0. Update info about all packages that are available on Hackage:

   % cblrepo idxsync

1. Upgrade the hslogger package:

   % cblrepo addbasepkg hslogger,1.1.5

2. Bump all packages that use hslogger:

   % cblrepo bump hslogger

3. Create PKGBUILDs:

   % cblrepo pkgbuild $(cblrepo build hslogger)

4. Verify that all builds properly:

   % ./makeahpkg -x -l <dir-for-chroot> -- $(cblrepo build hslogger)

5. If the build succeeds then post the diff either to this list or
  directly to me.

If you want to add packages you use `cblrepo add`. Help is built in,
but if you get stuck feel free to send emails to this list or directly
to me.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then
being a real problem in the longer term.
    -- Alan Kay