[arch-haskell] [Haskell-cafe] Cmdargs and common flags

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Mar 12 09:02:18 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 19:11, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
>> Finally, you can switch to the pure annotations. I will document them
>> shortly and give an example in System.Console.CmdArgs.Implicit, but
>> for now the details can be found at
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/cmdargs/0.6.7/doc/html/System-Console-CmdArgs-Annotate.html
>
> I've added more details in:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/cmdargs/0.6.8/doc/html/System-Console-CmdArgs-Annotate.html
> http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/cmdargs/0.6.8/doc/html/System-Console-CmdArgs-Implicit.html
>
> The first link includes comparisons for pure/impure, and the second
> gives a set of equivalences for converting between the two forms.
>
> Thanks, Neil

I noticed that the form "record Ctor {} [...]" leads to a warning that
Ctor isn't initialised.  The obvious way to remove the warning is to
call the constructor with all the arguments, but is there a more
convenient/terse way of achieving the same?

Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org