[arch-haskell] Obsolete information on the web

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Jan 25 19:58:19 CET 2011

Hi guys,

it appears that there are plenty of web pages about ArchHaskell that
contain obsolete or even misleading information. A quick search revealed
the following URLs:

 * http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Haskell_package_guidelines

   This page contains plenty of obsolete information that should be updated
   (such as the URLs for the cabal2arch repository, etc.). Furthermore, we
   should probably mention the URL of the binary repository on that page.

 * http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Arch_Linux/Policy

   This page is out-dated. Also, it's not quite clear how it relates to page on
   the archlinux.org wiki.

 * http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Arch_Linux/Arch_Haskell_Group_Maintainership

   The process described on that page out-of-date.

 * http://www.galois.com/~dons/arch-haskell-status.html

   This page hasn't been updated since Aug 15th, 2010.

 * http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Arch_Linux/Preferred_Package_Tools

   This page says that yaourt cannot be used to install Haskell packages
   because it's doesn't support $provides, but I believe that it does, in
   fact. I'm not a yaourt user myself, though, so I wonder whether someone
   could very this?

I thought about fixing those pages, but I feel a little overwhelmed by the
sheer number of pages that need to be edited. It feels like there is quite a
bit of redundancy. Does anyone have a suggestion how we might tackle this task?
Would anyone mind if we'd just delete most of those pages?

And while I am at it ... where is our home page supposed to be? Is it on
Github? On haskell.org? On archlinux.org? archhaskell.wordpress.com?

Any opinions anyone?

Take care,
Peter