[arch-haskell] habs updates

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Nov 1 06:01:06 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 23:39, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> the following commits updates a hand full of habs packages to the latest
> available versions:
>
>  http://github.com/archhaskell/habs/commit/78b2f329c3b2e5692a40832da3fce2f6c5ea6268
>
> These files have been generated with the latest tool-chain, which comes
> with several updates:
>
>  * the original cabal name of every package is available as ${_hkgname},

Good improvement.

>  * the generated uninstall.sh hook uses --force to avoid warnings during
>   updates,

I have my doubts about this change, simply because suppressing warning
messages make me queazy :-)  It's probably good for now though.

>  * packages provided by GHC are no longer listed as dependencies, and

I strongly disagree with this one, I'd rather see the dependency list
continue to include the meta-packages provided by the ghc package.

>  * our attribution header of choice these days is "Maintainer:".

Good.

> I have tested the changes extensively, and everything seems to work
> fine. If there is no objection, I would like to upload these updated
> packages to AUR.

Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus         identi.ca|twitter: magthe