[xmonad] Issue 433 in xmonad: Alternative Implementation of WorkspaceDir

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed May 14 16:44:30 UTC 2014

Comment #2 on issue 433 by liskni... at gmail.com: Alternative Implementation
of WorkspaceDir

Hey, is there any progress with this? I think it might solve a problem of
mine:

In addition to a global xmobar with workspaces, battery info, time, date
and so on I have one xmobar on each screen with a workspace name and a list
of windows (just like a hardstatus line in GNU screen). I'd love these
per-screen xmobars to show me the workspace directory as well.

I solved this by adding modifierDescription that prints the directory to
instance LayoutModifier WorkspaceDir, but that lacks any configurability
whatsoever, and adding a function field to data WorkspaceDir is prohibited
by the Read/Show instances. Therefore, this is definitely not something I
could possibly submit as a patch.

Now I found this and it seems it may be a cleaner solution. :-)