[xmonad] New XMonad layout based on bspwm

adam vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Thu May 1 01:54:03 UTC 2014

Hello Ben,

I've applied it. I've changed Bound to XMonad.Util.Types.Direction2D.
Swap conflicts with the Swap in XMonad.Layout.WindowNavigation, but I
dunno if it's worth giving it an odd name (Exchange or SwapBSP) to
help a few people avoid qualified imports.

Ideally the ExpandTowards R message should do something when the
window is already the right-most window on the screen. Probably that
action should be what ShrinkTowards L does. Or maybe it should be what
ExpandTowards L does. One way to get around that configuration mess is
have the message include a function.

There are other layouts (Mosaic and MosaicAlt) in contrib that also
recursively split areas in half. It might be nice to switch between a
more automatically balanced tree (Mosaic) and one in which the layout
is more "under your control".

Regards,
Adam