[xmonad] xmonad{,-contrib} on github

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 21:54:42 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 9:19 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jochen, I understand (someone does the Githubber's Witnesses thing every
> couple months or so in the various projects I work with) that git users are
> generally offended that anyone still uses something other than git, but
> truly not everyone wants to or needs to switch.  At some point you may
> actually have to accept that other version control systems exist instead of
> evangelizing that everyone must switch to your One True System.

Seconded. While it's good to bring up alternatives, I don't like
evangelizing things at all. Use what works for you. It's good
to have a choice. Monoculture is a problem and making github
even more central and prominent than it already is is not a
good thing for us all. If anything we need to get darcsden and
friends enhanced. Having all three dvcs'es used will put
more pressure on content transportability between them
and help in the long run. I think all three are nurturing
each other.