postgresql-simple broken in GHC 8.6.3 on Windows

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Mon Jan 21 16:59:12 UTC 2019

First of all, many thanks to Oleg for taking on maintainership of
postgresql-simple.

Oleg, your new github fork of postgresql-simple - which is now the
official source of this package - does not have issues enabled. Where
is the right place to report issues?

In particular, the library is not building for us on Windows with GHC
8.6.3. One of our devs has a guess that it's related to GHC bug
#16057. In any case, we'd like to file an issue for postgresql-simple.

The evidence that this GHC bug may be at play is that compilation
hangs in Database.PostgreSQL.Simple.FromField, which uses some TH
splices. That is the same behavior we are seeing for ofther packages
that are hit by this GHC bug on Windows.

Thanks,
Yitz