Civility notes (was "Traversable instances for (,,) a b")

Theodore Lief Gannon tanuki at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 22:55:41 UTC 2017

On Apr 30, 2017 8:52 AM, "Tom Murphy" <amindfv at gmail.com> wrote:

We're 20-something emails into an email chain. All of us discussing will
have developed more nuanced views, but for example a new person coming to
the community will have no idea about what was discussed here.

A CoC, on the other hand, is a big neon sign at the front door of the
community, summarizing the basic bullet points of what we can agree we want
our community to be.

...okay, that point has tipped me to +1 on at least putting together a set
of guidelines. Quote Simon, invoke Wheaton's Law, etc.

I'm still -1 on any sort of "code" designed to enable enforcement, but a
sign on the door saying "here's what we've learned" sounds like a pretty
good idea.