Numeric read seems too strict

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 18:03:39 UTC 2016

By the way, I believe we should be able to read numbers more efficiently by
parsing them directly instead of lexing first. We have to deal with
parentheses, white space, and signs uniformly for all number types. Then
specialized foldl'-style code *should* be able to parse integral and
fractional numbers faster than any lex-first scheme.