Proposal: relax type of asProxyTypeOf

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:31:07 UTC 2016

I think flexibility about the proxy type has become the norm, and we should
probably follow that guideline. However, it could theoretically break code.

asProxyTypeOf x (pure "I'm a string")

is currently accepted but would be rejected with the proposed change (since
the proxy type isn't fixed, GHC doesn't know that it's Applicative).