Enhancement: Default cabal to `-p` profiling enabled

Niklas Hambüchen mail at nh2.me
Wed Jul 23 23:48:02 UTC 2014

Cabal is not necessarily for developers: For many users it is the way to
obtain a recent version of programs like pandoc. Those don't really need
profiling libs enabled.

If you are a developer, I recommend setting `library-profiling: True` in
~/.cabal/config once and forever, wiping ~/.ghc and reinstalling everything.

That said, I agree that the current way to deal with missing
profiling/shared/whatever libs is a total pain.

A great solution would be if Cabal could simply install development
libraries of the existing libraries recursively when a package demands
them, just like it installs dependencies recursively in the normal way.