Enhancement: Default cabal to `-p` profiling enabled

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 23:39:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Andrew Pennebaker
<andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> It can take a while to get a list of this long, full dependency chain. It
> would be much easier if cabal simply enabled `-p` by default, so we didn't
> have to think about it.
>
> What do you think?

I'm all for it, I always have to remember to go set profiling true in
new cabal installs.  If I forget, I just wipe out everything and start
again from scratch.

Compile time is 2x, which is crummy, but cabal is for developers, and
developers should be profiling, right?