[Mid-discussion Summary] Proposal: add new Data.Bits.Bits(bitZero) method

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 20:28:19 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Edward Kmett <ekmett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Henning,
>
> As far as I know the only serious proponent of using qualified imports for
> all imports all the time is you.

Well, so am I, but I'm not the crusading sort.  Unqualified import as
default is definitely the dominant style, to the point where language
extensions tend to assume it, e.g. record puns, or even the whole
shared record names debate.

Interestingly, python and java seem to lean the other way.  Not sure
about ocaml, but I remember qualified names from back in the day.  A
culture thing, I guess.  Infix operators and backticks are uniquely
haskelly things that probably contribute a little.