Cabal: literate hscolour

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Fri Aug 21 06:24:49 EDT 2009

> The annoying thing here is that to "do the right thing" Cabal would
> need
> to distinguish bird-track style literate files (hscolour -lit) from
> tex
> style (hscolour -lit-tex). I don't think this is reasonable.

I've fixed hscolour - from the newly release version 1.14 there is now
no difference between the -lit and -lit-tex options.  Both will deal
with either style of literate input.

> It might be worth asking if hscolour should by
> default just do the right thing, ie use -lit on .lhs input files.

Hscolour-1.14 also makes this fix.  If your source file name ends
in .lhs or .ly or .lx, it will be automatically processed with -lit.
You can override the guess, by using an explicit -nolit (or -lit) to
force the particular behaviour you want.

Another new change, is that you can now supply multiple filenames as
input, and their colourised contents will be concatenated to the output.

Regards,
     Malcolm