Proposal: Add System.FilePath to base

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Nov 24 12:24:13 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 04:48:36PM +0000, Neil Mitchell wrote:

> "I propose that this module is added to the set of modules which is
> guaranteed to be available in every Haskell implementation, and can be
> used by programs with a simple import statement."
>
> Currently that means "is in base".

For GHC that means "is a core lib"; I'm not sure of the policy for the
other implementations. Perhaps we should rename that "is a GHC core lib"
and define a list of global "core libs" (of which "GHC core libs" would
be a superset) somewhere?

I haven't looked at the particular library, but have no problem with
some sort of file path manipulating library to be used by cabal
Setup.hs's being in the core libs set.

Thanks
Ian