Data.* collections maintenance

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Oct 21 19:16:41 EDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 05:06:34PM +0200, Johannes Waldmann wrote:
> Christian Maeder wrote:
>
> > So far, the problem always was to agree on an accepted interface (that I
> > didn't want to be a class but leave to the discipline of library writers.)
>
> What exactly does prohibit the use of a class here?
> What about the class design of Edison (I admit I never used it).
> http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/edison/users004.html#toc3

The idea is (I believe) to get concrete implementations of things first,
then try out and discuss several class structures on top of them and see
which one is most agreeable. (there is no reason there couldn't be
multiple compteing ones) since concrete implementations need to exist
either way, it is something we need to work on and in any case and
having them have similar interfaces will make creating an appropriate
class (and using the concrete implementations) easier.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈