[Haskell-iPhone] Hey Stephen - more on cross compiling

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Fri Nov 23 00:56:00 CET 2012

Somebody claiming to be Stephen Paul Weber wrote:
>So, I've run into an interesting problem.  When I telnet in to my simulator
>and run something produced by my GHC, it works fine (well, it doesn't get
>access to the GUI display, but console output is fine).  When I run it from
>the simulator GUI, it consumes more and more RAM until the OS denies it and
>it crashes.  This massive RAM consumption happens *before* the first line
>of my `main` executes.

Wow, ok, I think I've found it.  When I run the program over telnet it works
fine, but when I run it with LANG=C it does this massive RAM consumption.
So somehow using that locale is causing the RTS to explode?

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted