[Haskell-iPhone] Hey Stephen - more on cross compiling

Stephen Paul Weber singpolyma at singpolyma.net
Thu Nov 22 15:24:19 CET 2012

Somebody claiming to be Gabor Greif wrote:
>Congrats to your stage1 GHC! I suspect some time will pass till all
>nits are picked, but I am seeing very good progress here :-)

So, I've run into an interesting problem.  When I telnet in to my simulator
and run something produced by my GHC, it works fine (well, it doesn't get
access to the GUI display, but console output is fine).  When I run it from
the simulator GUI, it consumes more and more RAM until the OS denies it and
it crashes.  This massive RAM consumption happens *before* the first line of
my `main` executes.

I'm trying to find ways to determine what the differences in environment
are, but in the meantime: what's the best way to debug this from the GHC
side?  I guess it'll be somewhere in the RTS boot up, are there debug
statements in there I can turn on, or should I start inserting stuff?  Which
files are the right files to look in for this phase?

Thanks,

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted