[Haskell-iPhone] trying to run the examples

Ton Biegstraaten ton.biegstraaten at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 14:56:08 CET 2011

Hi,
The issue about hidden packages can be solved by adding text to build depends in the cabal file. I added the latest version that could be compiled (0.11.0.8) but now this results.
I think I agree with you to wait for GHC 7.x for the iPhone.

build-iphone-haskell.sh running with ACTION= and PLATFORM_NAME=iphonesimulator
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring Visi-0.1...
Warning: 'hs-source-dirs: ../core/src' is a relative path outside of the
source tree. This will not work when generating a tarball with 'sdist'.
Preprocessing executables for Visi-0.1...
Building Visi-0.1...
[1 of 8] Compiling Visi.Util        ( ../core/src/Visi/Util.hs, /Users/ton/xcode/GHC-iPhone/visi/iOS/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/dist/build/Visi/Visi-tmp/Visi/Util.o )
[2 of 8] Compiling Visi.Expression  ( ../core/src/Visi/Expression.hs, /Users/ton/xcode/GHC-iPhone/visi/iOS/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/dist/build/Visi/Visi-tmp/Visi/Expression.o )
[3 of 8] Compiling Visi.Typer       ( ../core/src/Visi/Typer.hs, /Users/ton/xcode/GHC-iPhone/visi/iOS/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/dist/build/Visi/Visi-tmp/Visi/Typer.o )
[4 of 8] Compiling Visi.Parse       ( ../core/src/Visi/Parse.hs, /Users/ton/xcode/GHC-iPhone/visi/iOS/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/dist/build/Visi/Visi-tmp/Visi/Parse.o )
[5 of 8] Compiling Visi.Executor    ( ../core/src/Visi/Executor.hs, /Users/ton/xcode/GHC-iPhone/visi/iOS/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/dist/build/Visi/Visi-tmp/Visi/Executor.o )
[6 of 8] Compiling Visi.Runtime     ( ../core/src/Visi/Runtime.hs, /Users/ton/xcode/GHC-iPhone/visi/iOS/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/dist/build/Visi/Visi-tmp/Visi/Runtime.o )

../core/src/Visi/Runtime.hs:110:46:
    Couldn't match expected type `[Char]'
           against inferred type `Data.Text.Internal.Text'
      Expected type: [(String, t, Type)]
      Inferred type: [(Data.Text.Internal.Text, Expression, Type)]
    In the second argument of `map', namely `sinks'
    In the expression: map fromSink sinks

Op 26 dec 2011, om 23:51 heeft David Pollak het volgende geschreven:

> Did you check out the qcon_demo tag? Master will not compile. I'm waiting for ghc-iPhone based on ghc 7 to loop back and get master compiling for iPad again.

I didn't, but I don't know that I should?
I read about visi as a new language for the iPad, well I haven't one, but still it looks nice and simple