[Haskell-iPhone] trying to run the examples

David Pollak feeder.of.the.bears at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 20:26:17 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Ton Biegstraaten <
ton.biegstraaten at gmail.com> wrote:

> Op 26 dec 2011, om 19:36 heeft David Pollak het volgende geschreven:
>
> The following code compiles into a running iPad app (no rooting required):
>
> https://github.com/visi-lang/visi/tree/323e70bb2ff0dd96cfa79262b29f978e63ccd4ff
>
> I did my compilation work on Snow Leopard with xcode 3.2.5.  The code runs
> well (no crashes or anything else).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Not yet :-)
> After installing this in xcode it needs parsec
> It needs parsec >= 3, so:
>
> iphone-simulator-cabal install parsec
> Resolving dependencies...
> iphone-simulator-cabal: The package requires Cabal library version -any &&
> >=1.8 but no suitable version is installed.
> iphone-simulator-cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
> parsec-3.1.2 depends on text-0.11.1.12 which failed to install.
> text-0.11.1.12 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
> exit: ExitFailure 1
>
> iphone-simulator-cabal --version
> cabal-install version 0.6.2
> using version 1.6.0.3 of the Cabal library
>
> I'm not sure if I can update the cabal library
> update gives:
>
> iphone-simulator-cabal update
> Downloading the latest package list from hackage.haskell.org
> Note: there is a new version of cabal-install available.
> To upgrade, run: cabal install cabal-install
>
> Hope you can help me further?

Dusting off my memory of the whole configuration fragility issue...

I think I had to specify parsec 3.0.1 which was built against GHC 6.10.  I
don't remember the cabal syntax for specifying that exact version (perhaps
someone else on the list can help with the right cabal command.)