[HOpenGL] GL utilities, toolkits, and questions..

Alastair Reid alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
22 Jul 2002 20:09:39 +0100

> Oh yes, I meant frontend, just I wanted to know if ffi is accepted
> and stable or "nearly finished" (and so it could change) as written
> on

> http://www.haskell.org/libraries/

I foresee some small changes based on the experience creating a third
implementation.

> but yes I trust greencard... should the ffi change greencard will
> not, right?

Right.

I can imagine tweaking the internals to generate threadsafe code (not
previously a problem since compilers didn't generate threaded code)
and the ffi distinguishes three levels of 'safety' whereas greencard
only distinguishes two so there'll be a change there too.

[btw The other ffi frontends are worth looking at too but I don't know
them as well.]

--
Alastair Reid                 alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
Reid Consulting (UK) Limited  http://www.reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk/alastair/