[Hat] Build problems

Olaf Chitil O.Chitil at kent.ac.uk
Fri Jul 30 09:39:53 EDT 2004

When building hat, I get the error messages below. This seems to be due to

#elif __GLASGOW_HASKELL__ >= 502
import Debug.Trace (trace)
#else
import IOExts      (trace)
#endif

in compiler98/SysDeps.hs. Im using ghc 6.2 and I suppose the comparison
with 502 fails. How to correct this properly? (The problem will reappear
when ghc 6.4 will be released.)

Despite these error messages the build continues and seems to succeed.
Nonetheless I find the error message strange. Why does it search in the
nhc98 libraries? I'm building with ghc!

--------------------------------------
myrtle$ gmake HC=ghc all

Warning: package(s) lang not available in
/proj/haskell/include/nhc98/packages

Fail: Can't find module IOExts in user directories
        .
        src/hattrans
        src/compiler98
  Or in installed libraries/packages at
        /proj/haskell/include/nhc98
        /proj/haskell/include/nhc98/packages/base
  Asked for by: src/compiler98/SysDeps.hs
  Fix using the -I, -P, or -package flags.

Stop - hmake dependency error.