[Hat] problem. Installing hat with GHC version 6.2.1

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 08:32:21 EDT 2004

"Tom Hofte" <hofte at natlab.research.philips.com> writes:

> I'm trying to install hat on with ghc 6.2.1 under linux.
>
>   Looking for ghc...   found 6.2.1
>   WARNING: hat-2.02 needs a version of ghc >= 5.04.
>
> Hmmm, strange. He founds ghc 6.2.1 and hat needs 5.04, but why is he
> complaining??

The hat-2.02 package is quite old now and does not build cleanly
with ghc >= 6.0.  All the problems are already fixed in CVS, and we
do hope to release an updated package in the mid-term future, but in
the meantime, we recommend that ghc-6.x users use our anonymous CVS
repository to get a working version of Hat.

Instructions are at:
    http://www.haskell.org/hat/cvs.html

Regards,
    Malcolm