Fudgets with GHC 5.04.3

Thomas Hallgren hallgren@cse.ogi.edu
Wed, 28 May 2003 15:10:50 -0700

Bas van Dijk wrote:

>Great! it's working now...
>
>I accidently downloaded the newest untested version (April 2003) from the
>Fudget website. That version gave errors while making.

In hsrc/ghmklib and Contrib/Makefile, there are options for which make
tool to use. I think the 030414 version uses humake by default.

>I know it's something like:
>

>>ghc -package Fudgets myfirstfudgetsapp.hs

The fudget library was created long before GHC's package system and has
not (yet) adapted to use it, so instead we provide two wrapper scripts
that pass the right flags to GHC. So, do

    ghcxmake myfirstfudgetsapp

(requres hmake) or

    ghuxmake myfirstfudgetsapp

(requires humake). You can include additional flags to pass to GHC.

Also, some recent binary snapshots (I added a new one for GHC 5.04.3
today) are availalbe from

    http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~hallgren/untested/

We have fixed some small bugs and performance problems since the h13w
version.

--
Thomas H

PS Although the package system is useful, I think the solution with a
global configuration file is an inherently bad idea...