On the Meaning of Haskell 3

John D. Earle JohnDEarle at cox.net
Sat Nov 28 18:20:29 EST 2009

I believe Simon got right what he got right, but nothing more. Haskell is an experimental language that is taking off prematurely. In my opinion it needs to be taken back to the drawing boards and overhauled before it is too late. It may already be too late unfortunately. We may have to live with whatever mistakes that were made for the next 100 years. Sometimes success is not a good thing. Haskell can easily become yet another defective language.

Backward compatibility will likely need to be thrown out the door if Haskell is to ever stand for the "truth". Greater rigor in getting it right is needed.