[Haskell-community] On the design used for haskell.org

Adam Foltzer acfoltzer at gmail.com
Mon May 2 18:08:35 UTC 2016

Dear Chris,

I would like to thank you again for providing the spark and so much of the
fuel for the effort to redesign Haskell.org. Your contributions, and those
of nearly 50 other contributors, have yielded the most effective and modern
web presence that Haskell has ever enjoyed. I'm truly sorry that the pace
of the work became so frustrating for you, and regret that Haskell.org will
no longer benefit from your considerable care and skill.

Moving forward, we will continue to improve Haskell.org in keeping with our
purpose to advance Haskell and related technologies. In the near term this
means we will continue building upon your open source contributions, but
since you have no wish to contribute further, we will likely move toward a
different design when it becomes feasible.

I sincerely hope this decision will not inhibit further participation in
community discussions and efforts. Haskell.org committee membership is
emphatically not a prerequisite for having influence and impact on how we
use and shape our shared resources. Please understand that it is never our
intent to make you, or anyone else, feel excluded; such is the occasional
unhappy consequence of having to balance a broad set of conflicting
concerns.

Kind regards,

Adam Foltzer on behalf of the Haskell.org Committee