[Haskell-community] addition of http://www.happylearnhaskelltutorial.com/ to haskell website resources?

Julian Leviston julian at getcontented.com.au
Mon Apr 25 18:39:09 UTC 2016

Hi Adam et al,

Please feel free to ask us any questions you’d like, and thanks for the kind words.

Volume 1 is actually finished (available on Leanpub, but we haven’t put it up entirely on our website yet, we’re releasing chapters there gradually to build interest).

We’re in progress with Volume 2 as we speak and we don’t plan on abandoning this work any time soon. We're planning to keep it (and subsequent volumes) online as long as possible, and as up to date and relevant as possible.

Our work is very much aimed at absolute beginners with the aim of using interesting topics to drive learning rather than Haskell’s features, which by themselves aren’t necessarily compelling enough to provide drive to learn Haskell.

Having said this, we’re working on more volumes to bring the more interesting of the Haskell topics within the reach of the beginner (you might notice volume 1 really only just touches the surface of Haskell and its more interesting and useful capabilities, and we haven’t really begun with the level of exercises we’d like to bring to bear on it).

Thanks! :)
Julian and Rich (GetContented)