[Haskell-cafe] Please repair Hugs-for-Windows download links

Conrad Cunningham hcc.olemiss at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 15:56:31 UTC 2020

I used Mark Jones's HUGS (or its predecessor Gofer) in my elective
functional programming course from 1993 through 2010. It worked quite
nicely in that context. At some point after 2010, I switched to using GHC
to make sure I did not depend on unmaintained software and to be compatible
with Haskell 2010 and Simon Thompson's textbook.

In recent years, I used Haskell extensively in a required course on
programming language organization. Likely, HUGS would have made supporting
the large number of students in that course a bit easier.

Conrad

H. Conrad Cunningham
Professor Emeritus & Chair Emeritus
The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss)

Hm, what does "unmaintained" mean? Sure, long time (more than 10 years)