[Haskell-cafe] .haddock files

Patrick Pelletier code at funwithsoftware.org
Tue Nov 15 00:06:49 UTC 2016

Where can I find documentation about .haddock files?  What is in them?
Is it possible to generate a .haddock file from source code and then
later produce HTML documentation from the .haddock file? Or is that not
what it's for?  The documentation for Haddock doesn't even seem to
mention .haddock files, unless I'm missing something.

I tried subscribing to the Haddock mailing list so I could post this
question there, but at
http://projects.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/subscribe/haddock I got the
message:

"We're sorry, we hit a bug!  Mailman experienced a very low level
failure and could not even generate a useful traceback for you. Please

Anybody know what's going on with that?

Thanks,

--Patrick