[Haskell-cafe] Label macro expansion bug In HList.

oleg at okmij.org oleg at okmij.org
Sat Nov 12 05:25:38 CET 2011

> I have verified that the issue with the "makeLabels" function goes away if
> I install 7.0.4.

I'm glad to hear that. GHC 7.0.4 has updated Template Haskell in
backward-incopatible ways.

> I got an extremely large error (~ 5000 lines) when loading
> "OCamlTutorial.hs".

Quite likely the reason was the Data.HList.TypeEqO import that you
have commented out. Data.HList.TypeEqO is really needed. I have
pushed the changed HList.cabal. (I must admit I use HList without
cabal-installing it: I simply arrange OOHaskell and HList as sibling
subdirectories. See OOHaskell/samples/Makefile).