[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Platform for OSX ?

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 01:48:18 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Giovanni Tirloni <gtirloni at sysdroid.com> wrote:
>> 3) How to install it into a separate location so it would not ruin my
>> current platform?
>
>  You can install it under a different username.

You can also use a sandboxed build tool like cabal-dev or virthualenv
-- both of which are on hackage.

(While the HP provides a great way to install Haskell, and it defines
a set of mature packages, it is not necessary for development -- cabal
install doesn't pay any special attention to HP packages, for
example.).

Having the HP installed is convenient, particularly if you run ghci a
lot, but all you need is ghc, cabal-install, and a connection to
hackage.

--Rogan