[Haskell-cafe] Coding conventions for Haskell?

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:15:41 EDT 2010

On 30 September 2010 16:47, Roel van Dijk <vandijk.roel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the subject of coding style, I can work with almost any style as
> long as it is used somewhat consistently. Personally I try to optimize
> my code for ease of reading because I spend much more time reading
> code than writing. Aligning stuff vertically makes it easier to spot
> differences.

Me too. One thing that makes figuring out a code base hard is when the
code doesn't have explicit imports. Sometimes I can load the code in
GHCi and inspect the symbols manually, sometimes I can't. If the
import list explicitly said where stuff came from I wouldn't have to
deal with this.

Regarding style I've come to believe the best style is one that can be
enforced by your software, whatever it is. I don't want to have to
think about style.