[Haskell-cafe] Coding conventions for Haskell?

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Mon Sep 27 17:28:52 EDT 2010

Evan Laforge <qdunkan at gmail.com> writes:

> As for other stuff, I don't like the vertical lining up thing.  It's
> too much work to type in, causes too much realigning when the top line
> changes, sometimes causes things to get too far right, and breaks
> entirely with proportional fonts.  A plain indent as advocated above
> avoids all those problems.

I'm going to go ahead and offer a contrary viewpoint -- lining up code
vertically makes it so much easier to read that the extra work involved
(trivial, if you have a half-decent text editor) is more than worth
it. Also, if you're reading code in a proportional font, "you're doing
it wrong."

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>