[Haskell-cafe] "malicious" JS on haskell site

Keith Sheppard keithshep at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 17:30:22 EDT 2010

Hello cafe,

Maybe malicious isn't the right word but there is a JS based web
counter on http://www.haskell.org/complex/why_does_haskell_matter.html
which likes to show pop up adverts. They must have switched over from
counting visitors to showing adverts at some point since the web page
was created. I'm sure this is something we want removed... It would
probably be good to grep the whole server to make sure that this
counter doesn't show up on some other page too.

Sorry if this is a simple oversight on my part but I don't know who I
should be contacting about this kind of thing. It would be great if
there was some kind of webmaster at haskell.org address that was
advertised or some form that we could submit for issues like this.

-keith

--
keithsheppard.name