[Haskell-cafe] holumbus error message -- unexpected package db stack

Roderick Ford developer at live.com
Sat Sep 4 00:44:30 EDT 2010

> Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 21:31:53 -0700
> Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] holumbus error message -- unexpected package db stack
> From: drcygnus at gmail.com
> To: haskell-cafe at haskell.org
> Is cabal using a custom GHC package database?  You might find this illuminating:
>
>   http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/731
>
> --
>   Jonathan Daugherty

I don't know what else to check for to confirm/deny this question other than doing a `grep -r "package-db" *` in the distribution source, which simply returned that the binary file Setup contained it...that I suppose is just from the requirement in Setup.hs for "Distribution.Simple".  Other than that, I have not specified ANY database specific parameters.  I have however installed the cabal package HDBC-mysql ... probably unrelated to the problem???  So, I have to say, the link really didn't provide me any helpful information or hints about what I might have done wrong...sorry.

What else could I check for?

Roderick Ford