[Haskell-cafe] Re: Why binding to existing widget toolkitsdoesn't make any sense

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Sun Feb 1 12:21:08 EST 2009

> A common standard would be useful, but OpenVG doesn't look
> like "ready soon". On the declarative side, there's also SVG..

Seems I've got to qualify that remark somewhat - apart from some
commercial/closed-source implementations, there is also a open
source ANSI C one (implemented on top of OpenGL, so it isn't
quite the same as direct OpenGL hardware support, but it offers
the same API and might be a good target for a Haskell binding..):

http://ivanleben.blogspot.com/2007/07/shivavg-open-source-ansi-c-openvg.html

Also, an OpenVG backend for Cairo, which seems to have so
many backends that it might be the safest user-level choice?

http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-January/012833.html
http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-January/012840.html

Claus