[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Top Level <-

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Tue Aug 26 13:55:24 EDT 2008

Making a network stack from peek and poke is easy in a well structured OS.
The boot loader (or whatever) hands you the capability (call it
something else if you want) to do raw hardware access, and you build
from there.  If you look at well structured OSs like NetBSD, this is
pretty much how they work.  No hardware drivers use global variables.

  -- Lennart