[Haskell-cafe] Last Call for the Italian Haskellers Summer Meeting

Pasqualino 'Titto' Assini tittoassini at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 05:57:50 EDT 2008

On Thursday 07 August 2008 19:35:17 Dan Weston wrote:
> Shouldn't that be "posta elettronica" (or "posteletta" along the lines
> of the Frence "courriel")? Somehow I doubt that Dante would have
> approved of the word "email".

Actually I don't think that he would have disapproved.

Dante wrote the "Divina Commedia" in the Florentine dialect, a 'vulgar'
language that was far from codified and quite open to external influences.

Mussolini, on the contrary, with his nationalistic/racist mindset would have
been mightly pissed off by my usage of 'email' and would have certainly
insisted for 'posta elettronica' (a perfect valid term by the way, just a bit
longer than necessary).

But then who cares if Mussolini spins in his grave?

Best,

     titto