[Haskell-cafe] Re: HaXml and the XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Apr 30 06:32:18 EDT 2008

Peter Gammie <peteg42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The most-recent darcs version relies on a newer ByteString than I
> have, so it is not easy for me to test it.

I believe there was a patch to fix this.  Apparently only one version of
the bytestring package (0.9.0.1) ever exported the 'join' function, and
a different version with the same number (but not exporting 'join') was
uploaded to Hackage!  'Join' has since been replaced by 'intercalate',
which is available in all versions 0.9.x.

> A recent (this year) darcs version failed to parse the DTD, yielding
> this error:

I didn't try the full XHTML DTD, but the fragment you included in your
message was parsed just fine by the darcs version of HaXml/DtdToHaskell.

Regards,
    Malcolm