[Haskell-cafe] HaXml and the XHTML 1.0 Strict DTD

Peter Gammie peteg42 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 23:32:14 EDT 2008

Is anyone using HaXml to validate XHTML Strict?

The old 1.13.2 version has some bugs in how it handles attributes that
stop me from using it. It handled the DTD parsing fine.

The most-recent darcs version relies on a newer ByteString than I
have, so it is not easy for me to test it.

A recent (this year) darcs version failed to parse the DTD, yielding
this error:

validate: In a sequence:
   in content spec of ELEMENT decl: head
   When looking for a non-empty sequence with separators:
   	In a sequence:
     Expected % but found |
       in file xhtml1  at line 252 col 50
     when looking for a content particle

   when looking for a content particle

This is the context:

<!--================ Document Head

<!ENTITY % head.misc "(script|style|meta|link|object)*">

<!-- content model is %head.misc; combined with a single
      title and an optional base element in any order -->

<!ELEMENT head (%head.misc;,
      ((title, %head.misc;, (base, %head.misc;)?) |
       (base, %head.misc;, (title, %head.misc;))))>

I appreciate any advice on this.

cheers
peter