[Haskell-cafe] monadic debugging

pepe mnislaih at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 06:39:28 EDT 2008

On 16/04/2008, at 0:53, Galchin, Vasili wrote:

> Hello,
>
>      I have an Linux executable of my Haskell library and test case.
> I see there are several debuggers, e.g. Buddha, Hat, etc. Which
> debugger is currently preferred for monadic (imperative) code? Thanks.
>
> Vasili

For debugging IO code, I have used the GHCi debugger with great
success in several occasions.
Particularly, :steplocal is very useful in monadic code.
Make sure you read at least the documentation in GHC docs, and the
tutorial recently published in The Monad Reader.
The latest version of the debugger in HEAD is extended to print the
contents of IORefs automatically, which you may find useful too.

Cheers,
pepe