[Haskell-cafe] Re: N and R are categories, no?

Steve Downey sdowney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 19:13:22 EDT 2007

Thanks. I am trying to develop some intuition / understanding of
monads outside category Fun, because I suspect that once I do, they
will be both simpler and more interesting.

I think if I take the category N to be the natural numbers and the
algebraic functions of a single variable to be the arrows, then the
functor that takes n to 2n might be a monad. That is, a coordinate
transform should be monadic.

-smd