[Haskell-cafe] Re: Top Level TWI's again was Re: [Haskell] Re: Parameterized Show

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Nov 23 05:22:40 EST 2004

Keean Schupke wrote:

> Can a C function be pure? I guess it can... The trouble is you cannot
> proove its
> pure?
>
> But - why would you want to use a pure C function.

Because it already exists? E.g. most BLAS/LAPACK functions are pure;
should they be re-written in Haskell?

[Yes, I know that BLAS/LAPACK are written in Fortran, but I don't
think that changes the argument. The resulting object code (which is
what you would actually be using) wouldn't be significantly different
if they were written in C.]