OT - Book on Programming

David Van Horn dvanhorn@cs.uvm.edu
Tue, 02 Sep 2003 19:19:02 -0500

How to Design Programs: An Introduction to Programming and Computing by
Felleisen, Findler, Flatt, and Krishnamurthi is rather good at introducing the
fundamentals of programming in my opinion.  I've given the book to friends of
mine with no background in programming or computer science and they've found
it quite accessible.  The text is freely available on-line too.

   http://htdp.org/

The book is about the general design of programs, but uses Scheme as a
teaching language, and the DrScheme environment (also freely available) is
tailored for use with the book.

If your audience has any background in programming, they should be able to
move through the text quickly.

HTH

-d