OT - Book on Programming

Matthew Donadio m.p.donadio@ieee.org
Tue, 02 Sep 2003 19:54:51 -0400

Hi all,

This is a little off-topic, but I know there are a lot of people here
with teaching experience.

I am looking for a good book on programming.  I recently picked up a gig
doing ActionScript programming for a multimedia company.  They have very
good designers, but not very good programmers.  So, they decided to hire
a professional programmer to help them out with some of their projects.

They have several people in the company who understand the mechanics of
programming, but don't really understand the concepts.  I am looking for
a book to recommend to them.  I would really like to find a book that
just discusses programming, and avoids any one particular language.  It
would have to cover the common imperative controls, as well as basic
data structures.

Thanks.

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio@ieee.org)