[GUI] ANNOUNCE: Specification for abstract user interface for Windows, GNOME and Aqua

Axel Simon A.Simon@kent.ukc.ac
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 17:42:09 +0200

On Saturday, Aug 9, 2003, at 12:52 Europe/Paris, Krasimir Angelov wrote:

> http://htoolkit.sourceforge.net/doc/specification.pdf
> http://htoolkit.sourceforge.net/doc/specification.tex

I have to admit you were faster. I attach my attempt which so far only
tries to draw some conclusions and gives no specific API yet. It can be
found at:

http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/staff/as49/rationale.pdf

To summarize, I make the following proposal:

- have two application setups, document centered and control oriented
- have toolbars, each toolbar item correspond to a menu item
- have toolboxes which lets the user choose between, well, tools

I haven't written anything on menus yet, so I'll look at your document
before adding more.

Axel.