[ghc-steering-committee] #167: Deprecated Entities, rec: accept

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Mar 13 16:26:53 UTC 2019

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 13.03.2019, 18:57 +0300 schrieb Vitaly Bragilevsky:
> Joachim, I'm not sure how to proceed here. I don't think that this is
> the case for "Needs Revision". I could start another thread with the
> recommendation to reject this proposal with the reason that another
> (accepted) proposal subsumes this one but it doesn't make too much
> sense either.

well, it seems that there is some clean-up to do. We can say “Needs
revision” and ask the authors (maybe with your help) to turn this
proposal into one that addresses all the points, maybe subsuming prior
proposals along the way.

But that is not much different than rejecting this and drafting a new
one. So maybe the latter is cleaner.

The more important question is: Who wants to do that “grand unifying
ExplicitNamespaces proposal”?

  mail at joachim-breitner.de