[ghc-steering-committee] #167: Deprecated Entities, rec: accept

Vitaly Bragilevsky bravit111 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 15:57:38 UTC 2019

Thank you for this summary, Simon. I didn't realize that the earlier
proposal Require namespacing fixity declarations for type names and
WARNING/DEPRECATED pragmas
<https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/blob/master/proposals/0008-type-infix.rst>
affects
DEPRECATED pragmas. They were mentioned in the title but they were not
mentioned in the proposed changes. Now I see in the Motivation section that
«*as well as DEPRECATED pragmas, which accomplish the same thing, so I'll
refer to them henceforth as just WARNING pragmas*».

Joachim, I'm not sure how to proceed here. I don't think that this is the
case for "Needs Revision". I could start another thread with the
recommendation to reject this proposal with the reason that another
(accepted) proposal subsumes this one but it doesn't make too much sense
either.

Vitaly