[GHC DevOps Group] CircleCI job accounting question

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Sun Nov 12 01:39:40 UTC 2017

Hi Manuel,

I seem to recall you earlier mentioning that CircleCI jobs associated
with forks of a repository do not count towards the job limit of the
forked repository. How certain are you that this is the case?

I ask because I have done a bit of work on the CircleCI infrastructure
which I pushed to my GitHub fork earlier today. However, the build [1]
has inexplicably still not been started. Given that the ghc/ghc
repository is still catching up on its own builds, I suspect that both
repositories are drawing against the same resource limit. Unfortunately
I have been unable to find compelling evidence one way or the other in
the CircleCI documentation.

If it is true that builds of forks count against the forked repository's
resource limit then we will need to make the appropriate accomodations
in our resource planning.

In other news, I have opened another support ticket about the hanging Darwin
build issue, which still appears to be occurring. I'll update you and
Mateusz when I hear back.

Thanks again for everything you and Mateusz have done on this.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://circleci.com/gh/bgamari/ghc/15